I made a wedding cake late 2014. The bride’s colours were purple, lilac and gold.
In making the wedding cake, I learnt a few things. I always jot down the things I learn while making different cakes so I won’t make the same mistakes next time and if something worked out well, I also note it down to make it easier for me next time too.
I learnt the following things from making the peony wedding cake.
1. The saw-like Wilton cake leveller is not worth it at all. The small wire-like one is even more reliable.
2. A spirit level is very helpful for straight layers.
3. Don’t put two 8″ pans in the oven at the same time.
4. I have the mind of Christ. I was not prepared to buy expensive stamens for the peony flowers (after purchasing those ridiculously priced peony petal cutters) and God gave me a fabulous idea on what to use.
5. Finally, I can do all things through Jesus who helps me. I worked on this cake after work each day. It was not funny at all!!! The traffic was hectic. I get home very late and start work immediately on the cake. I was shocked I could meet up with the deadline. It was wonderful and encouraged me because I thought I needed to take time off work each time I had a wedding cake but this proved I could do it without sacrificing all my annual leave days. Hooray.
I will post my timeline for this cake latter. Cheers.